George Freije has accomplished what many of us strive to do: He lived his dream. And he can help you live yours.
George grew up knowing he wanted to be a CPA and own his own accounting firm.
He started on the dream at Butler University (go Dawgs!), earning a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in 1971. He joined Lance Wean and Associates for about 18 months after graduation, then worked for Keller and Gaughn CPAs from 1972 to 1975 while he studied advanced accounting.
He became a Certified Public Accountant 1975. He took that achievement to the team at James H. Drew Corp., a highway safety systems contractor, serving as the company’s CPA for seven years.
By this time, his dream was within his grasp. George gave free rein to his entrepreneurial spirit, and he opened a private practice in 1982: George F. Freije, CPA, P.C. He served long-time and new clients for 25 years.
Clients were always George’s first concern. To ensure they had a place to turn when he no longer could serve them, he transitioned his valued private practice into Timpe CPAs in early 2010.
“I chose Timpe because the people here are professional, honest and sensitive to clients’ needs,” George said. “I want the best for them.”
Memberships and Volunteer Work:
• Member, Indiana CPA Society
• Past chairman and treasurer, Parish Council of St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church, Fishers
• Active in local, regional and national church work for more than 40 years
• Singer, church choirs and in the Zionsville community
• Past president and treasurer, Greater Zionsville Chamber of Commerce
• Member, Zionsville Lions Club
• Current and former treasurer and member, Board of Trustees, Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, Zionsville
• Master mason, Scottish Rite, Indianapolis